@notgr
print(hello everyone 👋🏽)

Welcome to this community. My name is De-Great, but you can call me Gr. I have been programming for 9years+. I have built a lot of apps and tools and solved numerous problems I’ve lost count of. See my website: https://degreat.co.uk

I created this community to introduce a culture of competitive programming in our university. For the majority of us who may ask what this is: Competitive programming is about writing small algorithms (aka programs) that may form part of bigger software systems. It’s about coming up with solutions that are performant and preferred over ad-hoc counterparts.

How

These may sound unfamiliar but trust me, it’s actually very fun and fairly challenging. This semester, I’d like us to equip ourselves with the discipline (ie, the confidence and attitude) towards solving computational problems.

Competitive Programming
2 people

You must be logged in to comment.

@notgr

We’ll do so by solving one problem (that will posted) everyday together: we will learn to break problems down, attack sub problems and then optimize our final solution.

Culture

I understand this will take time but I also want you to understand this will require a lot more effort from you too: like asking questions (a lot, even stupid ones), not afraid of being wrong (you will be corrected, that’s how we learn) and being proactive (don’t wait to be told what to do).

Should I already know code?

If you don’t know how to code or you think you’re not good enough, that’s fine. We’re going to learn from each other as we go. We will share resources and have meetups to share knowledge and ideas. Programming is just 20% of competitive programming. The rest is how to think.

1 person

@pacman

9+ years🗿

3 people